I must start this letter with extreme gratitude for you. You are are more than just sheets of paper bound together in a book. You are the keeper of my heart. You catch every single feeling I throw at you. You never judge. You simply just open up and allow me space to spill open. Thank you!
I have gravitated towards you ever since I was very young. Tucking you deep below my mattress so my brothers couldn't find you. You became my best friend then and you have remained ever since. Although I could write pages and pages about why I love you here is a quick list to let you know some of those reasons.
Top 5 Reasons why I LOVE you!
- You give me space to show up and say exactly how I feel in that moment. I don't have to put on a filter or think about anyone else's feelings. I can write directly from my heart and that feels so good. You understand that these feelings may not depict how I truly feel about something, it is just where I am at in that moment.
- I can take you anywhere! I have journaled while waiting for a plane, on a plane, in my car, at the park, at a coffee shop, in bed ... the list could go on and one. All I need is you a pen and I am set!
- You are the keeper of my stories. You show me how far I have come and remind me of where I have been.
- When I struggle to say something out loud you give me space to work it out.
- Because writing in you heals my heart, encourages me to keep stepping forward, and helps me to understand who I am and where I want to go.
I feel so lucky to have such a divine kinship in you. Without, oh my goodness I would be a mess. I tell you all the stories, even the ones I didn't realize I needed to tell. You give me the opportunity to see them from a new perspective and with a bit of space between us. This provides me the chance to calm my nerves and unearth how I really feel.
I have turned to you a countless number of times in utter desperation and in celebration. You remind me that in life there is space for everything, we just need to take the time to tend to it. You open up your blank pages to me even if I keep you closed for long stretches of time. You always whisper "I am here" and this is such a comfort to me.
Because of you I know and understand the power of writing our stories. We must put them down on paper. We must get them out of our hearts and our heads and give them space to breathe. This simple act of writing lifts the weight from our shoulders and clears space inside for new and incredible adventures.
I know you are just like me and wish that everyone would carry you around and spill open into you. I think the world would be a better place if everyone spent a few minutes a day with you. Have no fear, I am doing my part and spreading the word. I am out there encouraging others to grab a hold of you and write away.
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I will continue to carry you with me wherever I go. Writing down dreams, ideas, fears, worries and sharing all of my stories. You will continue to be a beacon of light for me. My best friend and most trusted confidante. Let's continue this journey together.
P.S. If you are interested in dipping your toes into the world of journaling or an avid journaler yourself and could use a bit of spark to get you going again I invite you to join me for Brave Journaling. During our time together I will provide writing prompts and inspiration to get your pen moving. You will leave the course feeling ready to approach the blank page and spill your heart open.
Words of Love!
"To any contemplating this, I encourage you to give it a try. I admit that I won't be abel to join this session, because I will be working on another magazine article for publication. You see, it was precisely here - in one of Jennifer's writing classes - that I rediscovered my love of writing and found my true self." - Rita Herrmann
"I am really looking forward to your newest class. The last one allowed me to be refreshingly honest with myself and to help realign my priorities. I am looking forward to staying on that track with this class and excited to see how it challenges me this time around. Jen you are doing an amazing job." - Kelly